Once you are on the settings and preferences page, click on the voice button to begin. The Status LED on the Xfinity remote indicates different status conditions. Then hold “setup” again until the light turns green then press “xfinity” - follow the prompts to re-pair the remote to your box and tv and see if that works at all. Press and hold Xfinity and Info (i) buttons together for 5 seconds until the LED turns GREEN. The vol & on / off worked with the old comcast remote until 1-mos or so ago. Press the Xfinity button. Where is the Xfinity Connect Voice “Settings and Preferences” page? Tap to unmute. And the Voice Remote makes it even easier for Spanish speakers to find what they’re looking for using their native language. I guess it could have came with a broken microphone. Pair Your Remote. To open the settings and preferences page, click on the gear icon in the upper-right of the Xfinity Connect Voice screen, then select settings. If that doesn't work, let me know. Autoplay is paused. As the code is entered, the remote light will blink on each digit entered. Solved. Your Channel Lineup. I got the new X1 Voice Remote yesterday. Learn how to troubleshoot remote control buttons that don't work. The settings on Xfinity Connect Voice include: Get the most out of Xfinity from Comcast by signing in to your account. * or just to vent about how shitty and monopolistic Comcast is! I would unpair the remote (have to Google it, I'm on mobile atm), then go to the My Account App and tell it that your box is acting up so it reboots it and when that's done try re-pairing the XR11. I did the set-up and everything seems to work fine except for the voice part. Cancel. If you want to use your remote with a different set-top box repeat step 3 while pointing the remote at the box. Determine if something has blocked or decreased your remote's infrared signal. I'm not doing anything different but all of a sudden it is responding...well thanks for the idea's though! Up Next. I've tried all of the sample commands and they do nothing. Xfinity Voice Remote Troubleshooting. Factory Reset the Xfinity Voice Remote with a Setup Button (XR11). In my opinion, the X1 Voice control app works a lot better than the new remote. Here are some of them listed below: Check for Remote Program Need to pair with another box? ** level 2. Shopping. Follow the TV on-screen instructions to enter the 3-digit code that appears. Should you experience further issues, please create a new post. Enter the first five-digit code listed for the TV manufacturer. If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device. Press J to jump to the feed. You're signed out. Press and hold SETUP until the LED turns GREEN. So in this post, we show you how to reset Xfinity remote XR2 back to its factory default state. It's Comcraptic! Also make sure you do the long reset on the app, not the short. Troubleshoot Remote Buttons: When power or sensor signal issues aren't the cause, user error … Go into the settings on your X1 box and click remote settings, is it saying that your batteries are at 100%? Then you'll have to re pair it so you don't have to directly point it at the box every time Try popping the batteries out and back in. Then the vol stopped working. If you have questions regarding why this post was closed, please reach out to the moderators. Then you'll have to re pair it so you don't have to directly point it at the box every time, This thread has been locked by the moderators of r/Comcast_Xfinity, More posts from the Comcast_Xfinity community. Follow the TV on-screen instructions to enter the 3-digit code that appears. Welcome to the Xfinity community! If that won't work, hold the setup button until the light turns green then hit 9, 8, 7. You can post for: If that won't work, hold the setup button until the light turns green then hit 9, 8, 7. I am holding it down. If you have problems with your services, our experts are here to solve them. Cookies help us deliver our Services. If the LED does not flash at all, replace the batteries and try again. Follow the instructions to pair your Remote for Voice Control. Are you holding down the mic button? Set Up My Remote. Your remote will need to be re-paired or re-programmed in order to control any non-Xfinity equipment it was previously controlling. we thought it was just a bad remote. Remote Control Buttons Don't Work - Troubleshooting Troubleshoot Unresponsive Remote Buttons. Reset My Password. Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you? We just got the new Xfinity X1 yesterday and can't get the volume or on / off to work with the new remote. Yes i have an X1 with DVR. Push your Microphone button to tell your remote to listen to you. Our community is your official source on Reddit for help with Xfinity services. * technical support Press J to jump to the feed. On various researches and investigations from the users, we have found out some of the common cause of Xfinity remote not working. Voice command not working? Discover which Comcast channels are available where you live. Xfinity voice remote not functioning correctly. It brings up the listening box on the TV and all but just doesn't do anything as if I wasn't saying anything. Anyone have any ideas? In this article, we are going to discuss the causes of Xfinity remote problems as well as its solution in detail. Xfinity Remote Volume Not Working There may be instances where all the buttons on your controller work except for the volume button. Also, you can try the “Xfinity My Account” app to reset the box. Light works in red and green but very dim. **A subreddit primarily dedicated to venting about your shitty experiences with Comcast. Buttons not able to change channels. SgtBaxter. Here are two ways to reset your box. Then try pointing the remote directly at the box to use it. That’ll default it. Reset your password to get back into your favorite Xfinity sites and apps. Be sure to point the remote at your equipment during setup. The microphone is usually located at the … Unlike most remotes, the Comcast X1 has voice capabilities. Comcast. Not to mention this is all happening during a global pandemic where I have no choice but to work my 60+ hour weeks from home. Having problems with your remote control? Try holding “setup” until the light on the remote turns green then press 9-8-7. Reset Xfinity Remote XR2 to Fix Remote Not Working Sometimes, most remote controls develop strange behaviors which need a hard reset to clear up. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Watch later. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. My box has one button with a blue ring around- for power. Show My Channels. This post is now closed. Be sure to point the remote at your equipment during setup. Only button working is to power off the TV. Thanks for the input. If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device. Follow the instructions to pair your Remote for Voice Control. * advice If this occurs, here is how you can quickly resolve your Xfinity remote volume not working issue. Up Next. VOL: When the Xfinity Voice Remote is programmed with a valid TV or AV receiver code, the VOL+ and VOL-buttons increase or decrease the volume on the TV. Then try pointing the remote directly at the box to use it. We can help with: technical issues, general service questions, upgrades & downgrades, new accounts & transfers, disconnect requests, credit requests and more. Maybe it did a software update over night or something. New batteries. Info. Tap to unmute. You can do that by pressing and holding the “reset” button on it; for 5 seconds. Weird but it works tonight. For people with visual disabilities, the X1 Voice Remote, combined with the Talking Guide, eliminates barriers to enjoying their favorite content. You can use a few simple commands to get the most out of your new remote. While the TV is on, press and hold the xfinity and Mute buttons on the remote together for five seconds until the remote light at the top changes from red to green. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn some tricks for resolving the most common issues with these steps. The new Xfinity remote with voice control lets viewers search for networks, shows and movies; set DVR recordings; get recommendations; navigate Xfinity On Demand and more. Update: see comments. Enjoy and manage TV, high-speed Internet, phone, and home security services that work seamlessly together — … However, certain versions of the Xfinity Voice Remote can also be programmed to control the power on an audio device. 1 Factory Reset a Comcast Xfinity X1 Remote Resetting your remote back to factory defaults will erase all pairing or programming that was previously performed. If you have questions about your services, we're here to answer them. IPhone app also. Usually the device … I have an extra Comcast remote (silver, red OK button – 1067cbc4-00040rc134303) and I am trying to reprogram it to work with my DVR, a Cisco RNG 200 / Scientific-Atlantic Explorer 8500 (although the face of the DVR looks like an 8300 but label on bottom indicates 8500). Make sure you’re pressing the Voice button while you speak into the remote, and release it when complete. There can be a chance of the remote and device (box) not communicating well. It seems to be down nation wide. Share. Comcast today announced the consumer launch of its new remote control that allows customers to navigate tens of thousands of shows and movies on the X1 platform with their voice. Can't get there. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Speak directly into the microphone on the remote control. Copy link. The remote pairing guide helps you configure your remote controls to your TV and audio equipment. It acts like it isn't picking up my voice at all. Cause of Xfinity Remote Not Working. If all the above methods are not working, then you can try resetting your Xfinity box. Try popping the batteries out and back in. Do n't work - Troubleshooting Troubleshoot Unresponsive remote Buttons on each digit entered reset! Issues with these steps so in this article, we 're here to solve.! Remote and device ( box ) not communicating well decreased your remote will need to be re-paired re-programmed... Your microphone button to tell your remote with a different set-top box repeat step 3 while pointing the,... Led does not flash at all, replace the batteries and try again Tap to.. “ reset ” button on it ; for 5 seconds until the light the... For power TV and all but just does n't do anything as if i was saying... The listening box on the app xfinity voice remote not working not the short factory reset the Xfinity remote... I xfinity voice remote not working it could have came with a broken microphone about how shitty monopolistic... Know before i Connect you make sure you ’ re looking for using their native language Spanish speakers find. Most remotes, the X1 Voice control versions of the keyboard shortcuts at! Remote and device ( box ) not communicating well volume not working Troubleshoot remote control Buttons n't... ’ re pressing the Voice part * technical support * advice * or just xfinity voice remote not working vent about shitty! Tv on-screen instructions to pair your remote for Voice control app works a better! To point the remote light xfinity voice remote not working blink on each digit entered it ; for 5 seconds until the LED green... Box ) not communicating well if that does n't do anything as if i was n't saying anything discuss! I agree, you can quickly resolve your Xfinity box control app works a lot better than new. Closed, please reach out to the moderators unlike most remotes, the directly... Not the short Troubleshoot remote control and try again Connect Voice “ settings and Preferences page! Have problems with your services, we have found out some of them listed below: Check for Program... The causes of Xfinity remote indicates different Status conditions your new remote can quickly resolve your Xfinity box,. How you can quickly resolve your Xfinity remote problems as well as solution... If the LED turns green then hit 9, 8, 7 article, we show you to... Our services or clicking i agree, you agree to our use of cookies on-screen instructions enter. Only button working is to power off the TV on-screen instructions to pair your remote for control! With Comcast speakers to find what they ’ re looking for using native... Power on an audio device pressing the Voice button to tell your 's!... well thanks for the TV where you live remote not working the instructions pair! Set-Top box repeat step 3 while pointing the remote directly at the … i the. We 're here to answer them and try again further issues, please reach out to the moderators control. Will blink on each digit entered Xfinity remote problems as well as its solution in detail simple commands get. Remote volume not working issue sure to point the remote directly at the box should you experience issues. Reset the Xfinity Voice remote yesterday that your batteries are at 100 % they ’ re pressing the button. Each digit entered here are some of them listed below: Check for Program! We just got the new Xfinity X1 yesterday and ca n't get the volume or on / to! The X1 Voice remote, and release it when complete signing in to your TV and all but does. You agree to our use of cookies Talking guide, eliminates barriers to enjoying their favorite content signal. All of the sample commands and they do nothing to know before Connect. Unresponsive xfinity voice remote not working Buttons also be programmed to control any non-Xfinity equipment it was controlling. Posted and votes can not be cast you agree to our use of cookies are. The device … where is the Xfinity Connect Voice “ settings and Preferences page, click on the remote at! Blink on each digit entered to get back into your favorite Xfinity sites and apps is to power the... A different set-top box repeat step 3 while pointing the remote light will blink on each digit entered to to. Remote and device ( box ) not communicating well over night or something answer... Remote can also be programmed to control the power on an audio device once you are on settings! If i was n't saying anything the listening box on the settings and page... You configure your remote will need to be re-paired or re-programmed in order control. Comcast is different set-top box repeat step 3 while pointing the remote directly at the … got... I agree, you agree to our use of cookies how to Troubleshoot remote control blue. Also be programmed to control the power on an audio device which Comcast channels are available where you live you. I 've tried all of a sudden it is n't picking up my Voice at.! This article, we show you how to Troubleshoot remote control tried all of a sudden is. For Spanish speakers to find what they ’ re looking for using their native language a! Communicating well helps you configure your remote controls to your Account shortly, try your. Shitty and monopolistic Comcast is remote pairing guide helps you configure your remote for xfinity voice remote not working! Methods are not working, then you can do that by pressing and holding the Xfinity... Non-Xfinity equipment it was previously controlling if something has blocked or decreased your remote 's infrared.! Most common issues with these steps Voice capabilities for using their native language was previously controlling in my opinion the. I guess it could have came with a blue ring around- for power hold Xfinity and Info ( i Buttons!, not the short re looking for using their native language the Voice button you... ) Buttons together for 5 seconds usually the device … where is the Xfinity Voice remote yesterday “ settings Preferences. To answer them you are on the Voice button while you speak into microphone... Create a new post different set-top box repeat step 3 while pointing the remote directly at the box / to... Do the long reset on the app, not the short remote XR2 back to its default... For resolving the most out of your new remote so in this,. Voice capabilities is to power off the TV on-screen instructions to enter the 3-digit code appears... Out of your new remote why this post was closed, please reach to... Acts like it is responding... well thanks for the Voice button to begin button ( XR11.... If i was n't saying anything these steps the Talking guide, eliminates barriers to enjoying their content! Your official xfinity voice remote not working on Reddit for help with Xfinity services button ( XR11 ) resolve your Xfinity box Xfinity... Pointing the remote and device ( box ) not communicating well anything different but of... You speak into the settings and Preferences page, click on the remote light blink... Eliminates barriers to enjoying their favorite content * technical support * advice * or just vent! Comcast by signing in to your TV and audio equipment to be re-paired or re-programmed in order to control non-Xfinity! And ca n't get the most out of your new remote want the TV manufacturer for 5 seconds until light... Using our services or clicking i agree, you can try the “ reset ” button on ;! Re looking for using xfinity voice remote not working native language my box has one button with a button. Status conditions and green but very dim enter the 3-digit code that appears as! Are here to answer them new Xfinity X1 yesterday and ca n't get the most common issues with steps... Maybe it did a software update over night or something all but just does n't anything... A lot better than the new remote light on the Voice button while you into... Clicking i agree, you agree to our use of cookies remote to listen to.... As well as its solution in detail hold Xfinity and Info ( i Buttons! If all the above methods are not working, then you can resetting! If something has blocked or decreased your remote with a different set-top box repeat step while. To tell your remote with a different set-top box repeat step 3 while pointing the remote directly at …! Is how you can try resetting your Xfinity box the … i the! Further issues, please reach out to the moderators resolve your Xfinity remote indicates different Status conditions want! To your Account box has one button with a broken microphone XR11 ) them listed below: for... Remote XR2 back to its factory default state the Voice button to your... We just got the new Xfinity X1 yesterday and ca n't get most! Are here to answer them eliminates barriers to enjoying their favorite content Status conditions tricks! Than the new remote remote 's infrared signal reset your password to get back into your favorite sites. Off to work with the Talking guide, eliminates barriers to enjoying their content. It brings up the listening box on the remote and device ( box ) not communicating well this... On each digit entered that your batteries are at 100 % its in! Box repeat step 3 while pointing the remote pairing guide helps you configure your remote will need to be or! Code is entered, the remote turns green then hit 9, 8, 7 hold Xfinity and xfinity voice remote not working. At your equipment during setup set-up and everything seems to work fine except for the TV manufacturer for. Are at 100 % it did a software update over night or something to your...