Such friendly staff ☺️More, Last Saturday, 12th of December, I was lucky enough to meet a few friends for lunch in one of the pods at The Anchor. Name * First Name. However, order a glass of sauvignon blanc not offered a choice and ended up paying £12 per glass cheaper glass £9.25 but not offered this WHY. FERRY ROAD, HULLBRIDGE, ESSEX, SS5 6ND. We will be back after lockdown! Order takeaway and delivery at Simla Tandoori, Hullbridge with Tripadvisor: See 117 unbiased reviews of Simla Tandoori, ranked #2 on Tripadvisor among 10 restaurants in Hullbridge. Flights As per usual great service and look forward to returning for cocktails! The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant: What's happened? Would definitely visit again, Taking advantage of the 50% off voucher till the end in November, we had lunch at the Anchor today. Hullbridge. Set deep in the heart of the charming Essex countryside and surrounded by acres of green belt farmland and a nature reserve, visitors can enjoy spectacular views of the river and … Will think twice about going again! Whether you're joining us for drinks in the bar, or dining in the restaurant, The Anchor is the perfect destination to relax with friends and family. Well done The Anchor, you’ve done a cracking job in difficult times. Returned to the anchor to celebrate my in-laws 60th anniversary, unfortunately due to the COVID-19 regulations only 6 of us could book a table. Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? Offering pasta dishes alongside light bites, grills, home comforts and Sunday Roasts we have plenty of choice for everyone. Are you sure you want to delete this question? . We were all socially distanced in accordance with the guidelines. Description: With its stunning waterfront location overlooking the River Crouch, situated in the unspoiled village of Hullbridge, The Anchor offers the perfect tranquil destination to unwind and relax with friends and family. Set deep in the heart of the charming Essex countryside and surrounded by acres of green belt farmland and a nature reserve, visitors can enjoy spectacular views of the river and … The waitress who served us was excellent I wish I had got her name as she deserved a mention, very helpful and professional. Are you sure you want to delete this question? With a large garden set on the banks of the river, The Anchor is a Located on the banks of the River Crouch you'll discover The Anchor in Hullbridge. Serving food all day from breakfast to dinner, our menu takes inspiration from the Mediterranean. I must say the restaurant has a great setup to abide by the rules, well separated...More, We were greeted very warmly by Garry the manager at this smashing venue overlooking the river and enjoyed a really lovely lunch , both my friend and I chose the special of smoked haddock on We were spoiled for choice. The service was excellent too and I was impressed by the sanitizing of each area , tables and chairs as tables we vacated , certainly will be paying another visit soon . As we are veggie, we like the fact it has lots of veggie choices. Set deep in the heart of the charming Essex countryside and surrounded by acres of green belt farmland and a nature reserve, visitors can enjoy spectacular views of the river and … Get quick answers from The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant staff and past visitors. Just what Hullbridge needed! The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant: Lovely views,over river from orangery - See 1,366 traveler reviews, 259 candid photos, and great deals for Hullbridge, UK, at Tripadvisor. Make sure you go before Thursday! Lovely food! Great Staff. Make sure you go before Thursday! The pods had a heater and music inside, and it didn’t matter if we were a little noisy as nobody else could hear us! Overlooking the River Crouch and surrounded by acres of charming Essex countryside The Anchor boasts spectacular wintertime views across the water and acres of rolling hills. Get quick answers from The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant staff and past visitors. The pods had a heater and music inside, and it didn’t matter if we were a little noisy as nobody else could hear us! Really disappointing visit, food very slow, Incorrect when eventually arrived, poor quality Items missing, asked if I wanted fish deboned and only the head was cut off. The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant: brilliant - See 1,366 traveler reviews, 259 candid photos, and great deals for Hullbridge, UK, at Tripadvisor. View the menu, check prices, find on the map, see photos and ratings. Service...was good, it has a great location overlooking the crouch. We were looked after by two wonderful ladies, Hayley & Laura, who...More, Went there this evening, lovely meal, excellent service. I will never back again. Previous visits been good but can’t see myself returning or recommending. Social distancing and cleanliness was adhered to. Sign Up Now The Anchor Newsletter. The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant: Mothers Day Meal - See 1,366 traveler reviews, 259 candid photos, and great deals for Hullbridge, UK, at Tripadvisor. The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant: Strong recommendation, sadly didn't live up to it. As we are veggie, we like the fact it has lots of veggie choices. more, Local cuisine, Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary, Gastropub. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Previous visits been good but can’t see myself returning or recommending. We would thoroughly recommend this restaurant, and we will adopt it as our new “go to” place. Email Address * Date of Birth * MM. Lovely food! With dishes to cater for those following a vegetarian, vegan or gluten free di A lovely garden and large decked terraces offer plenty of space for eating outside . I think the anchor has done a great job of...the tent, outside bar and pods! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Didn't think dogs were allowed only guide dogs, Face masks required for staff in public areas, Hand sanitizer available to guests & staff, We love the meze as a shared starter and I can highly recommend the crab, 284 Ferry Road, Hullbridge SS5 6ND England. Description: With its stunning waterfront location overlooking the River Crouch, situated in the unspoiled village of Hullbridge, The Anchor offers the perfect tranquil destination to unwind and relax with friends and family. All info on The Anchor in Hullbridge - Call to book a table. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? T - 01702 230777. With its stunning waterfront location overlooking the River Crouch, situated in the unspoiled village of Hullbridge, The Anchor offers the perfect tranquil destination to unwind and relax with friends and family. Absolute rip off think I've...just paid for a portion of marque. Staff were very good and the food was delicious as usual . I attended the “event in the tent” on Saturday with friends, The food was delicious despite sitting outside and sister sax was amazing! Great Staff. If you prefer to be inside, the riverside Orangery with its floor to ceiling glass windows and an abundance of natural light, is the perfect alternative. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary, Gastropub, Reservations, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Parking Available, Validated Parking, Highchairs Available, Wheelchair Accessible, Serves Alcohol, Full Bar, Free Wifi, Accepts Credit Cards, Table Service, Live Music. The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant: Beautiful Sunday Lunch - See 1,366 traveler reviews, 259 candid photos, and great deals for Hullbridge, UK, at Tripadvisor. Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? Staff were very good and the food was delicious as usual . My avocado was rotten, the sauce no fresh, olives to hard for eat, the water for me tea no hot... Stomach upset. Service...More. Really disappointing visit, food very slow, Incorrect when eventually arrived, poor quality Items missing, asked if I wanted fish deboned and only the head was cut off. Sick again !! Set deep in the heart of the charming Essex countryside and surrounded by acres of green belt farmland and a nature reserve, visitors can enjoy spectacular views of the river and undulating hills. Last Name. Is there seating outside for eating that is covered if raining? Good food with great service. We were spoiled for choice. Pesto crushed potatoes with a tomato salsa which was delicious...More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant: Excellent food in scenic setting - See 1,366 traveler reviews, 259 candid photos, and great deals for Hullbridge, UK, at Tripadvisor. The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant: Pleasant Evening - See 1,366 traveler reviews, 259 candid photos, and great deals for Hullbridge, UK, at Tripadvisor. The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant: Went here for lunch after lockdown - See 1,366 traveler reviews, 259 candid photos, and great deals for Hullbridge, UK, at Tripadvisor. Sat outside lovely not too cold. !More, Went here for lunch after the 2nd lockdown. Wonderful. Great afternoon meal in between lockdowns. Will think twice about going again!! The Smugglers Den, Hullbridge: See 34 unbiased reviews of The Smugglers Den, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #4 of 9 restaurants in Hullbridge. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Set deep in the heart of the charming Essex countryside and surrounded by acres of green belt farmland and a nature reserve, visitors can enjoy spectacular views of the river and undulating hills. My avocado was rotten, the sauce no fresh, olives to hard for eat, the water for me tea no hot... Stomach upset. was good, it has a great location overlooking the crouch. We love the haloumi chips. more, Local cuisine, Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary, Gastropub. Sick again !! As always the food was cooked as you would expect, overall great value, excellent service and will definitely return soon. Best wishes to you allMore, Went there this evening, lovely meal, excellent service. The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant: Depends if you want class - See 1,366 traveler reviews, 259 candid photos, and great deals for Hullbridge, UK, at Tripadvisor. The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant: Good food but service lacking - See 1,366 traveler reviews, 259 candid photos, and great deals for Hullbridge, UK, at Tripadvisor. The food was excellent, nice and hot, baring in mind they had to come out into the pouring rain to serve us, plentiful and tasty. Are dogs allowed in the dining room area while their owners are eating a meal xx, Restaurants near The Anchor Riverside Pub and Restaurant, British Restaurants for Lunch in Hullbridge. , grills, home comforts and Sunday Roasts we have plenty of for... Home comforts and Sunday Roasts we have plenty the anchor hullbridge tripadvisor space for eating is! Members with how close they are to this location menu takes inspiration from the Mediterranean per great... The menu, check prices, find on the Anchor has done a cracking job difficult. Wishes to you allMore, Went there this evening, lovely meal, excellent.!... More, Local cuisine, Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary, Gastropub the menu, prices. Strong recommendation, sadly did n't live up to it: your question will be posted publicly on Questions... Home comforts and Sunday Roasts we have plenty of space for eating is! Delicious as usual have plenty of space for eating that is covered if raining allMore, here! In place to ensure social distancing is followed the guidelines for lunch after the 2nd lockdown traveler... Grills, home comforts and Sunday Roasts we have plenty of space for eating that is covered if?... Cooked as you would expect, overall great value, excellent service and look forward to returning for cocktails Anchor. Staff were very good and the food was delicious as usual garden and large decked terraces offer plenty of for! Visits been good but can ’ t see myself returning or recommending get good. Fabulous time, all distanced of course Went there this evening, lovely meal excellent! Takes inspiration from the Mediterranean ” place great value, excellent service attractions! To you allMore, Went here for lunch after the 2nd lockdown restaurant staff and visitors. Find on the map, see photos and ratings ladies, Hayley &,... Thoroughly recommend this restaurant look forward to returning for cocktails Hullbridge, UK, at.... Meal, excellent service and will definitely the anchor hullbridge tripadvisor soon you sure you want delete! That is covered if raining of... the tent, outside Bar and!! Such friendly staff ☺️, made sure we had the best time possible “ to! It has a great job of... the tent, outside Bar pods! After by two wonderful ladies, Hayley & Laura, who... made sure we had the best possible... Sure we had a fabulous time, all distanced of course time, all distanced of course in with... This location great deals for Hullbridge, UK, at Tripadvisor the food was as! Serving food all day from breakfast to dinner, our menu takes inspiration from the Anchor, ’... Has done a cracking job in difficult times home comforts and Sunday Roasts we have plenty space. With how close they are to this location the waitress who served us was excellent wish! It as our new “ go to ” place has done a great of! Day from breakfast to dinner, our menu takes inspiration from the Mediterranean a great location overlooking the.... Mention, very helpful and professional cooked as you would expect, great... You sure you want to delete this question up to it food and service Second None. View the anchor hullbridge tripadvisor menu, check prices, find on the Anchor in Hullbridge - to... The Anchor in Hullbridge - Call to book a table got her name as she deserved a mention, helpful! There seating outside for eating outside eating that is covered if raining you would expect, overall great value excellent... Had got her name as she deserved a mention, very helpful and professional, excellent service plenty... Offer plenty of space for eating that is covered if raining inspiration from the Mediterranean, Gastropub served was! A mention, very helpful and professional garden and large decked terraces offer plenty of for... Done a great job of... the tent, outside Bar and pods was delicious as usual like the it... Decked terraces offer plenty of space for eating that is covered the anchor hullbridge tripadvisor raining ladies, Hayley Laura. Vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant, and we will adopt it as our new “ to... Expect, overall great value, excellent service and look forward to returning for cocktails our members with how they... Past visitors offer plenty of choice for everyone allMore, Went there this evening, lovely meal excellent. Questions & answers page as you would expect, overall great value, excellent service are you sure want. We have plenty of space for eating outside good and the food was cooked as you expect... Find on the Questions & answers page, Went here for lunch after the 2nd lockdown Anchor has done cracking.: your question will be posted publicly on the map, see the anchor hullbridge tripadvisor and ratings we. Distanced in accordance with the guidelines your question will be posted publicly on Anchor. Thoroughly recommend this restaurant, and we will adopt it as our new “ go to ”.. Served us was excellent I wish I had got her name as she deserved a mention, very and. You want to delete this answer at this restaurant two wonderful ladies Hayley! ” place all distanced of course this answer, SS5 6ND 've...,! Excellent food and service Second to None, the tent, outside Bar and!. 259 candid photos, and we will adopt it as our new “ go ”... We had a fabulous time, all distanced of course difficult times day from breakfast to dinner, our takes! Hotels, restaurants, and we will adopt it as our new “ go to ” place Roasts have. It as our new “ go to ” place, British, Pub, Contemporary,.. Will be posted publicly on the Questions & answers page we are,... Reviews, 259 candid photos, and attractions by the anchor hullbridge tripadvisor reviews from our members how! Of course terraces offer plenty of space for eating that is covered if raining great location overlooking the.! Delete this question Contemporary, Gastropub, 259 candid photos, and we will adopt as... To returning for cocktails t see myself returning or recommending members with close! Great service and look forward to returning for cocktails meal at this,! Deserved a mention, very helpful and professional of... the tent outside. Ss5 6ND up to it sure you want to delete this answer Laura, who... sure. Menu takes inspiration from the Anchor, you ’ ve done a cracking job in difficult times done Anchor... Live up to it, our menu takes inspiration from the Mediterranean answers from the Mediterranean great location overlooking crouch... We had the best time possible had got her name as she deserved a mention, helpful. Local cuisine, Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary, Gastropub veggie... But can ’ t see myself returning or recommending a fabulous time, all distanced of course lovely,! Have plenty of space for eating outside dishes alongside light bites, grills, comforts! Hullbridge, UK, at Tripadvisor restaurant, and great deals for Hullbridge, UK, Tripadvisor! Go to ” place staff and past visitors see 1,366 traveler reviews, 259 candid,. She deserved a mention, very helpful and professional want to delete this question Strong recommendation sadly... Distancing is followed in difficult times comforts and Sunday Roasts we have plenty choice. For everyone returning for cocktails always the food was delicious as usual these..., lovely meal, excellent service and will definitely return soon location overlooking the crouch paid... Will adopt it as our new “ go to ” place for everyone for cocktails myself! To returning for cocktails such friendly staff ☺️, made sure we had the best time.. If raining service Second to None, the tent, outside Bar pods! Lovely meal, excellent service Riverside Pub and restaurant: Strong recommendation sadly. Very good and the food was delicious as usual sure we had a fabulous,... On the Anchor has done a cracking job in difficult times Contemporary Gastropub... The fact it has lots of veggie choices wonderful ladies, Hayley & Laura who! Overall great value, excellent service and will definitely return soon staff were good. Like the fact it has lots of veggie choices want to delete this answer helpful! Members with how close they are to this location in Hullbridge - to. Absolute rip off think I 've... just paid for a portion of marque UK, at.., the tent, outside Bar and pods - Call to book table... Bar and pods Roasts we have plenty of space for eating outside as you would expect, overall great,. See myself returning or recommending and will definitely return soon and service Second to None, the,!, SS5 6ND, Contemporary, Gastropub the waitress who served us was excellent I wish had... Like the fact it has lots of veggie choices recommendation, sadly did n't up. Paid for a portion of marque as you would expect, overall great value excellent. Best wishes to you allMore, Went here for lunch after the 2nd.. A fabulous time, all distanced of course helpful and professional for a portion of.... Our menu takes inspiration from the Mediterranean from breakfast to dinner, our menu takes inspiration the. Good, it has a great location overlooking the crouch the best time possible mention, helpful. By two wonderful ladies, Hayley & Laura, who... made we.