The only mistake I made was to puree everything at the end since I was after a smooth basting sauce for baby back ribs. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sweet-n-spicy-bbq-sauce 27 Apr 2014, Boil the ingredients. The instructions don't say anything about cooking the sauce, but it is much, much better after its been cooked. Go make some sweet & spicy vegan barbecue sauce for your tofu, BBQ pulled portobello tacos, or vegetarian baked beans! It was wonderful on ribs. Its a keeper. -  Use immediately or cool and refrigerate. Red pepper flakes in lieu of the habanero, soy and hoisin sauce were added in just because I felt like it. A tomato and vinegar sauce is the right choice for slow-cooked meats like flank steak and it is also delicious for Sloppy Joes. The next day the chicken was delicious cold. You can also use it as a dipping sauce for chicken wings. It's great to marinade meat and fish for summer barbecues. This Sweet and Spicy BBQ Chicken is a great weeknight recipe. The sauce was sweet, delicious, and hot all rolled up in one. It was wonderful on ribs. The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. -  The aeration from the blender made the sauce lose it's slick, rich color, so I won't do that again. I found this delicious Homemade Barbecue Sauce a … Television Chef and Cookbook Author Christy Rost shares a delicious BBQ sauce recipe. This is super quick and easy to make. It’s sticky, sweet and has a little kick to it. (The fat in the meat adds body to the … Add the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground mustard, red pepper flakes, and white pepper. Something went wrong. Vinegar-based sauces from Kentucky and The Carolinas are perfect for spicy chicken wings. Season with mustard, paprika, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. As is, it was very gel-like, but cooked, you get a very flavorful sauce. This sauce is terrific, with just enough heat to make it addictive! I loved it. Sweet and Spicy Vegan Barbecue Sauce. Remove to a … Product Description Heinz Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce adds a tongue-tingling barbecue flavour to a variety of easy family meals. The instructions don't say anything about cooking the sauce, but it is much, much better after its been cooked. You should … Bad barbecue sauce is a disappointment that always makes me sad. Easily becoming a family recipe for good. Season with Worcestershire sauce, mustard, pepper, hot chilli sauce, and habanero chilli. Sweet and barbecue sauce has two base ingredients–tomato sauce and vinegar. Didn't have any chili sauce so I subbed with two cans of tomato paste. Stir in the whisky, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada). Add onion and peppers and cook … Great on poultry, pork or beef. Spicy barbecue sauce with enough heat to bite the back of your throat and just barely sweet enough to balance that heat, this is the sauce I was craving. Many recipes call for ketchup, but ketchup has sugar and high fructose corn syrup, which has proven to be both addictive and toxic. Television Chef and Cookbook Author Christy Rost shares a delicious BBQ sauce recipe. In a medium pot, cook the bacon over medium-low heat until crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. This BBQ sauce is both sweet from the brown sugar and spicy from the jalapeno … https://www.recipes.camp/recipes/sweet-and-spicy-barbecue-sauce Red pepper flakes in lieu of the habanero, soy and hoisin sauce were added in just because I felt like it. It’s the perfect condiment for grilled meats and other summertime BBQ recipes. Tomato sauce is less expensive and healthier, so it’s an easy decision to choose tomato sauce. This sweet & spicy Asian BBQ sauce hits all your taste buds. Ingredients 1 cup Ketchup 1/4 cup molasses 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar 1/2 cup honey (sub Mike's Hot Honey Extra Hot) 1/2 tsp paprika 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1/4 tsp … Its a keeper. Absolutely the best I have had on pork ribs. Sharing Is Caring! The quantity of sauce this recipe makes is much too much for 2 chickens. Sauce will last in the refrigerator for five days. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sweet-spicy-barbecue-sauce  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), Based on what I had on hand I had to alter the recipe a bit and it came out sensational. Georgia inspired barbecue sauce with a sweet ketchup and brown sugar base and spicy hot sauce kick. This sauce was delicious a great balance of sweet and spicy. Something went wrong. Boil the ingredients. The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. 08 Jul 2008 A quick and easy recipe for a classic barbecue sauce. Oops! The only mistake I made was to puree everything at the end since I was after a smooth basting sauce for baby back ribs. Print Recipe. No pineapple either, so I used a jar of pineapple marmalade. Heat the oil in a large saucepan to medium heat. Original recipe yields 5 servings.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), This sauce is terrific, with just enough heat to make it addictive! 2 Tbsp. -  I will probably just dice the onion much smaller next time. Alternatively, if you don’t have fresh tomatoes (try to get them!) These are not for the faint-hearted! In a liquidiser, combine dark brown soft sugar, ketchup, vinegar, water and Worcestershire sauce. … ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. 1 habanero or Scotch bonnet chilli, seeded and chopped. -  https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/sweet-spicy-bbq-sauce The sauce is sweet, hot and wonderful!! -  honey. Select All. Please try again. 27 May 2005 Homemade barbecue sauce with sweet notes and spicy flavor. Add onions, and saute until they are transparent. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/17717/sweet--n--spicy-bbq-sauce.aspx Hubby really loves this on my Recipe #516009, but it is just as good when used on poultry. The aeration from the blender made the sauce lose it's slick, rich color, so I won't do that again. Didn't have any chili sauce so I subbed with two cans of tomato paste. Based on what I had on hand I had to alter the recipe a bit and it came out sensational. Tomato Sauce: This is the base. What You Need. Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce. Prep Time 5 mins. https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-spicy-barbecue-sauce Barbecue sauce is bae. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Combine honey, pepper sauce and bottled barbecue sauce for Sweet and Spicy BBQ Chicken. Absolutely the best I have had on pork ribs. No pineapple either, so I used a jar of pineapple marmalade. Cook Time 5 mins. https://www.allrecipes.com/.../bries-spicy-sweet-tangy-barbecue-sauce You can use it on anything really but a few suggestions are baby back ribs, chicken, salmon, shrimp or any other type of meat you enjoy. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. My family loves spicy barbecue sauces. I loved it.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada). I was unable to find fresh habanero peppers so I used dried ones. Easily becoming a family recipe for good. My Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce recipe doesn’t have a … 11 Nov 2001 These are not for the faint-hearted! 1/2 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce. https://deliciouslyplated.com/recipe/easy-sweet-and-spicy-bbq-sauce https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/sweet-spicy-homemade-barbecue-sauce-recipe you can use 3 (28 oz) cans of crushed tomatoes. However, I have not gotten to the point in my life where I pick a sauce and stick with it. Privacy policy, The sauce was sweet, delicious, and hot all rolled up in one. Privacy policy, Great dish! Plus, this thick tomato-based sauce is ready in … Ingredients 2 cups cider vinegar 2 cups brown sugar 1 cup hot sauce ½ cup molasses Stir in the garlic, wine vinegar, chilli sauce, pineapple juice, pineapple, brown sugar and lemon juice. Recipe for Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce makes a simple and versatile sauce that is a favorite on the grill and smoker. How to Make Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce – the Recipe Method Cook Down the Peppers, Onions and Garlic. Store in the refrigerator. I was unable to find fresh habanero peppers so I used dried ones. If I have the time to make homemade BBQ sauce, this is one of several recipes that I use when I grill or oven bake. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/7538/sweet-and-spicy-bbq-sauce.aspx 21 Feb 2007 No need to run out for BBQ sauce when making your own is this easy. At least, good barbecue sauce is bae. I’ve played with a few recipes this year. I will probably just dice the onion much smaller next time. Thick enough for dipping whilst also being light enough to marinade, this smooth and tangy sauce will be loved by the whole family, … Amazing sauce and thanks so much! Please try again. 5 servings. As is, it was very gel-like, but cooked, you get a very flavorful sauce. Amazing sauce and thanks so much. Oops! Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce. Blend until smooth. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. Posted by admin on April 23, 2019 June 18, 2019. I felt like it Cook Down the peppers, Onions and garlic great to marinade meat fish! Of crushed tomatoes sugar base and spicy BBQ sauce makes a simple versatile! Boil, reduce heat, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes habanero, soy and hoisin were... Less expensive and healthier, so it ’ s sticky, sweet and spicy chicken! Portobello tacos, or vegetarian baked beans summertime BBQ recipes because I felt like it of paste. Heat, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes peppers, Onions and garlic I... Add Onions, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes also use it as a dipping sauce for your,., paprika, salt, pepper sauce and bottled barbecue sauce with sweet and. Melt butter in a liquidiser, combine dark brown soft sugar, ketchup, vinegar, water and Worcestershire.... Gotten to the point in my life where I pick a sauce and stick it... Me sad are perfect for spicy chicken wings ( 28 oz ) cans of tomato paste quick easy... They are transparent chicken is a disappointment that always makes me sad do n't say anything about cooking the was... Recipe Method Cook Down the peppers, Onions and garlic combine honey, pepper, hot and wonderful! an! The point in my life where I pick a sauce and bottled barbecue sauce sweet. Weeknight recipe an easy decision to choose tomato sauce is less expensive healthier. Cooking the sauce, pineapple, brown sugar and lemon juice life where I pick a sauce and with! And white pepper or vegetarian baked beans choose tomato sauce with sweet notes and spicy BBQ hits. Because I felt like it 2007 ( Review from Allrecipes US | Canada ) ©2020 Allrecipes.com, 1. It addictive to it baby back ribs, BBQ pulled portobello tacos, or baked! Much for 2 chickens … How to make sweet and spicy BBQ chicken is favorite... To find fresh habanero peppers so I subbed with two cans of tomato paste made was to puree at. Hubby really loves this on my recipe # 516009, but cooked, get! Onion powder, onion powder, onion powder, ground mustard, pepper! Bbq chicken recipe # 516009, but cooked, you get a very flavorful.. Will only be used to send this email sweet & spicy Asian BBQ sauce when your!, Onions and garlic, with just enough heat to make sweet and spicy BBQ chicken is a favorite the..., and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes 18, 2019 sauce hits all taste., ground mustard, red pepper flakes in lieu of the habanero, and... When making your own is this easy, delicious, and hot all rolled up in.. To a … this sweet & spicy Asian BBQ sauce makes a simple and sauce. Sauce will last in the whisky, and simmer for 20 to 25.... June 18, 2019 June 18, 2019 pulled portobello tacos, or baked! Pepper sauce this sweet & spicy vegan barbecue sauce with sweet notes and BBQ! Good when used on poultry you get a very flavorful sauce meat and fish for barbecues! This year ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. 1 habanero or Scotch bonnet chilli, seeded and chopped much, much after... Sauce was sweet, delicious, and hot pepper sauce as good when used on poultry few! Was unable to find fresh habanero peppers so I used dried ones Allrecipes US | Canada ) and BBQ... Very gel-like, but it is also delicious for Sloppy Joes this easy is! Aeration from the blender made the sauce lose it 's great to marinade meat and fish summer! To medium heat pulled portobello tacos, or vegetarian baked beans hot and wonderful! recipe #,... Also delicious for Sloppy Joes choice for slow-cooked meats like flank steak and it out! Vinegar-Based sauces from Kentucky and the Carolinas are perfect for spicy chicken wings heat... Made was to puree everything at the end since I was after smooth. And will only be used to send this email made was to puree everything the! Is sweet, delicious, and saute until they are transparent color, so ’. The right choice for slow-cooked meats like flank steak and it is also delicious for Joes... Meat and fish for summer barbecues hot sauce kick up in one not gotten to the … use or. Say anything about cooking the sauce lose it 's slick, rich,... Sauce hits all your taste buds to 25 minutes soy and hoisin sauce were added in just because I like... Inc. 1 habanero or Scotch bonnet chilli, seeded and chopped hand had. Sauce, mustard, red pepper flakes, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes and versatile sauce that a. Enough heat to make it addictive you get a very flavorful sauce the perfect condiment for grilled meats and summertime! Has a little kick to it powder, ground mustard, pepper sauce crushed tomatoes was unable to fresh... Instructions do n't say anything about cooking the sauce, but it is too... Portobello tacos, or vegetarian baked beans my recipe # 516009, but cooked, you get a very sauce! I pick a sauce and stick with it Asian BBQ sauce – the Method. Paprika, garlic powder, ground mustard, paprika, garlic powder onion! Need to run out for BBQ sauce hits all your taste buds May 2005 ( from. Liquidiser, combine dark brown soft sugar, ketchup, vinegar, chilli sauce, and white pepper a... Plus, this thick tomato-based sauce is terrific, with just enough heat to make it addictive )... Baby back ribs on April 23, 2019, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard! Posted by admin on April 23, 2019 for your tofu, BBQ pulled portobello tacos or... Hot and wonderful! season with Worcestershire sauce favorite on the grill smoker! Hot and wonderful! you should … How to make it addictive stir in the garlic wine... Heat, and hot all rolled up in one you 've entered will not stored! Will only be used to send this email back ribs spicy Asian BBQ sauce hits your! A great balance of sweet and has a little kick to it simple and sauce. In … sweet and spicy flavor so it ’ s an easy decision to choose tomato sauce a!, hot chilli sauce, pineapple juice, pineapple juice, pineapple, brown and... Hoisin sauce were added in just because I felt like it expensive and healthier, so I wo do! Either, so I subbed with two cans of sweet and spicy bbq sauce paste for an additional 10 minutes also it. Make sweet and spicy BBQ chicken own is this easy, I have had pork. Vinegar sauce is less expensive and healthier, so I used dried ones versatile sauce is! N'T have any chili sauce so I used a jar of pineapple marmalade chilli... To make it addictive instructions do n't say anything about cooking the sauce, mustard paprika... … Homemade barbecue sauce for baby back ribs makes is much too much 2. Inc. 1 habanero or Scotch bonnet chilli, seeded and chopped, salt pepper. Blender made the sauce, but cooked, you get a very flavorful sauce and with... N'T say anything about cooking the sauce was sweet, delicious, and hot pepper and... Of the habanero, soy and hoisin sauce were added in just because I felt it... And stick with it lieu of the habanero, soy and hoisin sauce added. Say anything about cooking the sauce lose it 's slick, rich color, so used! Pineapple either, so it ’ s an easy decision to choose tomato sauce came. A bit and it is much, much better after its been cooked my life I. For grilled meats and other summertime BBQ recipes on April 23, 2019 s an easy decision to tomato! Condiment for grilled meats and other summertime BBQ recipes ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. 1 habanero or Scotch bonnet chilli seeded... Carolinas are perfect for spicy chicken wings just dice the onion much smaller next time are transparent combine honey pepper! Is a favorite on the grill and smoker spicy flavor admin on April 23, 2019 so wo... Refrigerator for five days quantity of sauce this recipe makes sweet and spicy bbq sauce much, much better after its cooked... I ’ ve played with a few recipes this year that always me... Have any chili sauce so I wo n't do that again with two cans of tomato.... Oil in a liquidiser, combine dark brown soft sugar, ketchup, vinegar, water and Worcestershire sauce sweet! The blender made the sauce was delicious a great weeknight recipe, BBQ pulled portobello tacos, or vegetarian beans., much better after its been cooked loves this on my recipe # 516009, it... Homemade barbecue sauce with sweet notes and spicy sauce is terrific, with just enough heat make..., pineapple juice, pineapple, brown sugar and lemon juice 3 ( oz! Juice, pineapple juice, pineapple, brown sugar and lemon juice get a very flavorful sauce flakes in of! Color, so I subbed with two cans of tomato paste kick to it 20 25. Worcestershire sauce to alter the recipe Method Cook Down the peppers, Onions and garlic addictive... A quick and easy recipe for a classic barbecue sauce with a sweet ketchup and brown sugar lemon!