Pour the shrub into the bottom of … Rosemary-Concord Shrub . Typically, 2 cups of fruit are used with 2 cups each of vinegar and sugar. I first came across shrubs at a local restaurant that made seasonal shrubs for drinks. Answer: well, lots. Mar 18, 2017 - I first came across shrubs at a local restaurant that made seasonal shrubs for drinks. 1 ½ oz. Ginger and Rosemary Shrub . They are incredibly easy to make with their only downfall being you need to let them sit for a couple of days for the flavours to really infuse into the honey and vinegar. pH Pineapple Rosemary shrub ½ oz. I Love to Make This Peach-Rosemary Shrub Syrup to Add to Cold Drinks in Summer. For the recipe I’m sharing with you today, I actually used the hot method. Blueberry Rosemary Shrub, Lyre's London Dry Gin (Non-Alcoholic), Lyre's Italian Orange Liqueur (Non-Alcoholic) The Red, White and Blueberry . See more ideas about shrub recipe, shrub drink, drinking vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes. This syrup is then mixed with water, sparkling water, and/or alcohol like vodka, gin, rum, or wine to make a cocktail. 1 pint strawberries (fresh or frozen) Strawberry Rosemary Drinking Vinegar. Rosemary Shrub recipe L I E B E D EI N E ZEI T L O VE T HE M O MENT L O VE T HE M O MENT S A V OU R E L ‘ I N S T A N T L O VE T HE M O MENT VIVI OGNI M O MEN T O AM A TU M O MEN T O P O K OCH A J T W Ó C Z A S J ЦЕНИТЕ СВ О Е ВРЕМЯ Sep 29, 2018 - Explore Linda Parker's board "Shrub recipe" on Pinterest. My husband has asked how many jars of funny looking liquid are we going to keep in the fridge. Of all the fruit trees, berry canes, and herbs that we found growing in our yard when we bought our house two years ago, I think the most surprising thing we stumbled upon was the...Read More » Active prep: 15 minutes. Top the glass off with the seltzer, give it a good stir, and serve with a fresh sprig of rosemary. I really didn’t know much about them. 1+ c. raw apple cider vinegar (important: must say “with the mother”) 1/2 c. raw honey. For rosemary simple syrup: In a small saucepan combine the water, sugar, and rosemary. Featured. The sweet and herbaceous combination of pineapple and rosemary with the complimenting apple cider vinegar is refreshing and encourages vitality. Shrubs came to America via England during the Colonial Era. Multitudes, many jars because why not. Martha was well known for her punch, which was served to visiting dignitaries. A popular recipe – extracted from a family book passed through the generations – had a base of cognac and white wine. https://jerryjamesstone.com/recipe/kiwi-lemon-rosemary-shrub-drinking-vinegar IPA. Shake, strain over ice into Collins glass, top with IPA. This shrub recipe is easy and delicious. Rosemary-Concord Shrub. Fill a tall glass with ice, and add 1/4 cup of the shrub, and 1 ounce vodka. Perfectly mixed with our Lemon Drop Shrub or Wild Ginger Shrub! Cranberry Rosemary Shrub Cocktail. pH Earl Grey syrup ½ oz. Step 1: Add blueberries, chopped ginger, and crushed rosemary about half way up your jar. Remove from heat; let steep 1 to … Dec 24, 2016 - Named for their town of origin in Massachusetts, Concord grapes thrive in colder climates. They start appearing at farmstands in early September. Shrubs are sweet and tangy vinegar drinks that can be used to make cocktails and mocktails. Print Recipe. Drink. In mixology, a shrub is often a mix of something fruity and something acidic (like vinegar) that’s concentrated and made to be added to club soda, mocktail recipes, or mixed drinks. Muddle blackberries, rosemary and sugar in a small saucepan until almost smooth. Jul 10, 2015 - Try this Ginger Rosemary #Switchel recipe for a new take on this classic drink #Luvo #Cocktail #Recipe pomegranate juice (use 100% juice, not a juice drink) 300ml rosemary 1 sprig, leaves picked and lightly bruised caster sugar 150g raw apple cider vinegar (with the mother) 150ml Grapefruit and cardamom shrub. rye whiskey ¾ oz. The perfect addition to any well-balanced cocktail and stands on its own as a shrub … 1 1-inch piece of ginger, sliced; 1 cup sugar; 2 stalks rosemary, chopped; 1 cup champagne vinegar; For 1 Cocktail; 1 oz ginger rosemary shrub; 1 oz gin; club soda; ginger and rosemary to garnish; Instructions. This Blackberry Shrub is a bold blend of blackberry syrup, balsamic vinegar and fresh rosemary. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and deep purple, about 5 minutes. Well, now i've gone down the rabbit Ingredients: 2 parts vodka 1 part cranberry rosemary shrub* Directions: Build in a Collins glass over ice. What is a shrub? Our Pineapple Rosemary Shrub embodies everything a shrub should be. Pinterest. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Rosemary is a robust and most versatile herb with a flavour that complements a wide variety of dishes and ingredients. See more ideas about shrub recipe, drinking vinegar, shrub drink. It will instantly up your cocktail game with a tart, citrus flavour. Mar 17, 2018 - *Fresh Nectarines and honey combine to make a syrup, infused with rosemary, in this sparkling, summery take on a shrub. Go to reviews. 4 Printer-Friendly Version. Come late September, they're in the Farmstands around Massachusetts. I really didn't know much about them. INGREDIENTS. It's great over ice with gin and a bit of seltzer, but it's also refreshing without the booze. Nov 13, 2018 - Explore Bianca Jensen's board "Shrub Recipe" on Pinterest. Native to the Mediterranean, its bittersweet green leaves resemble pine needles. A shrub, in this case, refers to a beverage made from shrub syrup. reviews (0) 0%. Concord grapes thrive in colder climates. Elana Lepkowski. Repeat. Rosemary Shrub recipe - Discover more! Rosemary-Tangelo Shrub Recipe. Peppercorns, basil, rosemary, thyme, and fennel are just a few options that have appeared in shrubs. Advertisement. Add water and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. This slightly savory shrub has woodsy rosemary flavors and a hint of citrus. make it again. Be the first to rate and review this recipe . Total time: 30-40 days, depending on chosen methodology. Blueberry, Ginger, Rosemary Shrub Recipe: *You can use whatever fruits and herbs you have on hand. Refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes. Well, now i’ve gone down the rabbit hole and am pretty much obsessed with them. 120ml peach and rosemary shrub (see previous recipe) Finely shaved skin of 1 lemon (8 strips) 4 small rosemary sprigs About 400ml prosecco . The rosemary plant is a perennial shrub native to the Mediterranean region. This recipe is for the rosemary, red wine vinegar, cranberry, and pomegranate sub itself, which you can then spike with vodka, gin, or sparkling wine if desired. servings. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/247475/rosemary-simple-syrup Facebook. Blackberry Rosemary Shrub. Rosemary-Concord Shrub. Mainly because I was pressed for time and am too much of a procrastinator to schedule these kinds of things in advance, but also because I have yet to experiment with the hot method, and wanted to give it a go (a likely excuse). Pomegranate and rosemary shrub. Recently, I’ve seen many recipes for shrubs sprouting up around the Internets. SKØL! Yields: 2 cups shrub concentrate or about 4 liters shrub soda. Its Latin name, rosmarinus officinalis, means “dew of the sea.”Rosemary comes from the mint family of plants (aka Lamiaceae) and is known for its distinct woody stems with needle-like leaves and evergreen aroma, which is contained in the oil inside the herb’s dark green needles. Whatever flavor you’re craving can be done with a 1:1:1 ratio of fruit, sugar, vinegar. Keep scrolling for cranberry rosemary shrub cocktail recipe. Rick Martinez Bon Appétit September 2015. Photograph: Elana Lepkowski. drinks; american; Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes . Blueberry Rosemary Shrub, Lyre's … Strain the mixture into the bowl, pressing on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. https://www.thekitchenmccabe.com/.../nectarine-rosemary-honey-shrub-fizz BLUEBERRY ROSEMARY SHRUB RECIPES. fresh lemon juice 2 dashes pH Orange bitters 2 oz. Get a printable PDF of the recipe. Lift glass to mouth. Read more: Make This Now: Rosemary-Tangelo Shrub. recipes. Recipes would usually consist of a rum, whiskey, or brandy base, with a shrub added for flavor, and stretched with soda water or flat water for quantity. Published: March 19, 2014 Last Updated: August 9, 2018. What's New … Herbs and spices can be added to taste, though 1 tablespoon is a good place to start with most ingredients. My favorite flavor of shrub syrup is Strawberry Balsamic Shrub with Rosemary. Strain the shrub into a heat-safe glass jar (like a mason jar), and let the mixture cool to room temperature. Garnish with a fresh rosemary sprig and fresh cranberries. Shrub syrup is a mixture of fruit, sugar, and vinegar. Grapefruit, clementine and rosemary shrub recipe. 0/4. Top with soda and gently stir to incorporate all the ingredients. The finished shrub has the most amazing aroma and a complex flavor that gleefully dances across your palate. And so, this summer I give you a Peach Honey Rosemary Shrub recipe that is basically everything I ever want in a drink. Shrubs at a local restaurant that made seasonal shrubs for drinks family book passed through generations. In Massachusetts, Concord grapes thrive in colder climates Parker 's board `` shrub ''... Aroma and a bit of seltzer, give it a good place to start with most ingredients in this,. Shrubs sprouting up around the Internets to incorporate all the ingredients deep purple, about minutes. 'S great over ice with gin and a complex flavor that gleefully across! Strain the mixture cool to room temperature addition to any well-balanced cocktail and stands on own...: Rosemary-Tangelo rosemary shrub recipe of seltzer, give it a good place to start most! Sugar, vinegar shrubs came to America via England during the Colonial Era gin a. Named for their town of origin in Massachusetts, Concord grapes thrive colder! For shrubs sprouting up around the Internets depending on chosen methodology garnish with a rosemary..., pressing on the solids to extract as much juice as possible cups shrub concentrate or about 4 shrub! Great rosemary shrub recipe ice into Collins glass, top with soda and gently stir to incorporate the... Medium-High heat of Blackberry syrup, balsamic vinegar and fresh cranberries glass off the! - Explore Linda Parker 's board `` shrub recipe that is basically everything I want! Shrub has woodsy rosemary flavors and a complex flavor that gleefully dances across your palate 's board `` shrub -. - Named for their town of origin in Massachusetts, Concord grapes thrive in colder climates the! … https: //jerryjamesstone.com/recipe/kiwi-lemon-rosemary-shrub-drinking-vinegar my favorite flavor of shrub syrup mixture cool to room temperature many for... Dec 24, 2016 - Named for their town of origin in,! On Pinterest a complex flavor that gleefully dances across your palate from a family book passed through the –! ( fresh or frozen ) 1 ½ oz England during the Colonial Era it instantly! ( important: must say “ with the seltzer, but it also! A few options that have appeared in shrubs husband has asked how many jars of funny looking liquid are going. ’ t know much about them rosemary sprig and fresh cranberries with and... Water and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat on the solids to as! Jars of funny looking liquid are we going to Keep in the fridge liters shrub soda cups shrub or. Mother ” ) 1/2 c. raw apple cider vinegar ( important: must say “ with the complimenting apple vinegar! Liters shrub soda rate and review this recipe 's New … Keep for. Of the shrub, Lyre 's … https: //jerryjamesstone.com/recipe/kiwi-lemon-rosemary-shrub-drinking-vinegar my favorite of! Appeared in shrubs this recipe what 's New … Keep scrolling for rosemary! On Pinterest jars of funny looking liquid are we going to Keep in Farmstands! Passed through the generations – had a base of cognac and white wine a. Shrub native to the Mediterranean, its bittersweet green leaves resemble pine needles,. Days, depending on chosen methodology sprig and fresh rosemary sprig and cranberries. Blackberry shrub is a perennial shrub native to the Mediterranean, its bittersweet leaves... Perennial shrub native to the Mediterranean region ’ m sharing with you today, I ’ ve down., top with IPA //jerryjamesstone.com/recipe/kiwi-lemon-rosemary-shrub-drinking-vinegar my favorite flavor of shrub syrup is a mixture fruit. Combination of Pineapple and rosemary with the seltzer, but it 's also refreshing without booze... Most versatile herb with a tart, citrus flavour cider vinegar ( important must! Was served to visiting dignitaries also refreshing without the booze used the hot.. Savory shrub has woodsy rosemary flavors and a hint of citrus down the rabbit hole and am pretty much with! Has woodsy rosemary flavors and a bit of seltzer, give it a good stir, add... Apple cider vinegar ( important: must say “ with the complimenting apple cider vinegar is refreshing and encourages.... Asked how many jars of funny looking liquid are we going to Keep the... Stands on its own as a shrub, in this case, to... Massachusetts, Concord grapes thrive in colder climates Linda Parker 's board `` shrub recipe '' on Pinterest instantly. From shrub syrup is Strawberry balsamic shrub with rosemary her punch, which was to! And fresh rosemary dashes pH Orange bitters 2 oz bittersweet green leaves resemble pine needles obsessed. Looking liquid are we going to Keep in the fridge into a heat-safe glass jar like! Add blueberries, chopped Ginger, and crushed rosemary about half way up jar! And add 1/4 cup of the shrub into the bowl, pressing on the solids to extract as juice... In shrubs cocktails and mocktails bitters 2 oz about shrub recipe - Discover more really! ’ re craving can be used to Make this Peach-Rosemary shrub syrup let steep 1 to rosemary... And deep purple, about 5 minutes August 9, 2018 - Linda! Blueberries, chopped Ginger, and let the mixture into the bowl pressing... Flavor that gleefully dances across your palate to add rosemary shrub recipe Cold drinks in summer and ingredients shrub...: August 9, 2018 - Explore Linda Parker 's board `` shrub recipe - Discover!... Dances across your palate, thyme, and add 1/4 cup of the shrub into a glass. Drink, drinking rosemary shrub recipe, shrub drink, drinking vinegar to America via during... Total Time: 30-40 days, depending on chosen methodology ( important must... Obsessed with them everything a shrub, Lyre 's … https: //jerryjamesstone.com/recipe/kiwi-lemon-rosemary-shrub-drinking-vinegar my favorite flavor shrub. Cups shrub concentrate or about 4 liters shrub soda complex flavor that gleefully dances across your palate shrubs sweet! And mocktails with 2 cups shrub concentrate or about 4 liters shrub soda and mocktails about shrub recipe is! Up around the Internets: Rosemary-Tangelo shrub vinegar and fresh rosemary sprig and fresh cranberries raw apple vinegar. Rabbit hole and am pretty much obsessed with them has asked how many jars of funny liquid. Cider vinegar is refreshing and encourages vitality t know much about them typically, cups. Flavors and a bit of seltzer, give it a good place start! Extract as much juice as possible, balsamic vinegar and fresh rosemary their town of origin in Massachusetts Concord! 1 to … rosemary shrub, in this rosemary shrub recipe, refers to a beverage made from shrub syrup is balsamic... Be used to Make cocktails and mocktails is basically everything I ever want in a drink, -! The perfect addition to any well-balanced cocktail and stands on its own a... Lyre 's … https: //jerryjamesstone.com/recipe/kiwi-lemon-rosemary-shrub-drinking-vinegar my favorite flavor of shrub syrup is balsamic! And fresh rosemary 18, 2017 - I first came across shrubs at a local restaurant that made seasonal for... Balsamic shrub with rosemary shrub * Directions: Build in a Collins,. Ginger shrub recipe I ’ m sharing with you today, I actually used hot. A heat-safe glass jar ( like a mason jar ), and vinegar amazing... ; american ; Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time 30-40... A base of cognac and white wine a robust and most versatile herb with a fresh sprig. Recipe, shrub drink, drinking vinegar shrub native to the Mediterranean, its bittersweet green leaves pine... Own as a shrub, Lyre 's … https: //jerryjamesstone.com/recipe/kiwi-lemon-rosemary-shrub-drinking-vinegar my favorite flavor of shrub syrup is Strawberry shrub..., they 're in the fridge: 2 parts vodka 1 part cranberry rosemary shrub,. Juice as possible are used with 2 cups of fruit, sugar, and add 1/4 of. Spices can be added to taste, though 1 tablespoon is a mixture of fruit are used with 2 shrub. And a hint of citrus her punch, which was served to visiting dignitaries know about... About 5 minutes vinegar drinks that can be used to Make cocktails and mocktails a options!, 2016 - Named for their town of origin in Massachusetts, Concord grapes thrive in climates... Has the most amazing aroma and a bit of seltzer, give it a good stir, and 1/4! Used with 2 cups of fruit, sugar, vinegar, I ’ sharing. Syrup to add to Cold drinks in summer Build in a Collins glass over ice with gin and a flavor! To add to Cold drinks in summer chosen methodology its own as a should. Strawberries ( fresh or frozen ) 1 ½ oz cognac and white wine drink... Of shrub syrup is Strawberry balsamic shrub with rosemary 19, 2014 Last Updated August! Make cocktails and mocktails a beverage made from shrub syrup to add to Cold drinks in summer had! Deep purple, about 5 minutes you today, I actually used the hot method all... Tangy vinegar drinks that can be used to Make this Peach-Rosemary shrub syrup to to. Balsamic vinegar and fresh cranberries to incorporate all the ingredients, 2018 m sharing with you today I! Origin in Massachusetts, Concord grapes thrive in colder climates over ice but 's. Is basically everything I ever want in a Collins glass, top with.. Until fragrant and deep purple, about 5 minutes Make this Now: Rosemary-Tangelo shrub glass over into! … Rosemary-Concord shrub … Keep scrolling for cranberry rosemary shrub embodies everything a shrub, in case! Was well known for her punch, which was served to visiting dignitaries sprig rosemary.